Before being allowed to join us for a unique and exciting social gaming experience, the attached WAIVER OF LIABILITY must be read, understood and completed with a signature from a parent or legal guardian. This waiver will serve as your PASSPORT to our gaming lounge and all the excitement that comes along with it.
On behalf of myself, my children and children in my care participating in activities at the BATTLEGROUND site, I acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of this waiver as identified below:
1. I, and the children in my care who will participate in any BATTLEGROUND activities are physically, mentally and emotionally fit to participate in such activities.
2. There are risks, both known and unknown, in playing video games. This includes, but is not limited to physical injury, emotional injury and distress. I understand that Mature and Teen rated titles may be played during the experience and that my child/children may be exposed to this content. I am fully responsible for making all parties (essentially including, but not limited to the host parent and BATTLEGROUND personnel) aware of any special needs or allergies my child/children may have. The risk of serious injury from participating in BATTLEGROUND activities, although minimal, does exist as it does in all play and amusement activities.
3. Should I drop off my child or children in my care for a party or related activity, I will inform them not to leave the host site until I, or a designated representative, return to pick them up. I will inform them to follow all rules of participation as indicated by the party host and will trust their judgment or the judgment of my representative in their safe participation. I understand the BATTLEGROUND staff does not provide a sitting service and is not responsible for the actions of any participants.
4. I hereby consent to the recording of statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of my child/children at this BATTLEGROUND event by BATTLEGROUND personnel. All statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of “the Minor(s)” or me, by BATTLEGROUND , may be used by BATTLEGROUND for promotional, commercial or other purposes as determined by BATTLEGROUND anywhere in the world in its sole discretion. Neither “the Minor(s)” nor I shall have any right to control the use or publication by BATTLEGROUND of the statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings. On behalf of “the Minor(s)” and myself, all statements, photographs, and/or audio/video recordings taken of “the Minor(s)”or me by BATTLEGROUND or its contractors, shall be the sole property of BATTLEGROUND . Neither the Minor nor I shall receive any compensation in connection with use of these statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings for promotional, commercial or other purposes. I hereby release, waive and discharge any claims of any kind or nature arising out of or relating to the use of the statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings against BATTLEGROUND or any person or firm authorized by BATTLEGROUND to publish said materials (“Publisher”). Such release, waiver and discharge shall also extend to all affiliated companies, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns of BATTLEGROUND and any Publisher.
5. I, on behalf of myself, my children, my family members, children in my care, my heirs and my guests, knowingly and freely assume all risks of injury and agree to hold harmless BATTLEGROUND , its owners, shareholders, managers, agents and employees with respect to any claims, demands, causes or rights of action, even if arising from the actions, acts of omission or negligence of said entities or individuals.
6. I, as parent/guardian, allow my minor child to play the games in the Battleground facilities, and will notify Battleground Management if I do not want my minor child playing games with specific ESRB ratings.
I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS FOR MYSELF AND THOSE FOR WHOM I HAVE ASSUMED RESPONSIBILITY.